Prof. Hakan Kaynak, (MD)
Hakan Kaynak is a Professor of Neurology who specialises in sleep and sleep disorders. He has conducted and been involved in many scientific studies and has written books on sleep.
Professor Kaynak is, undoubtedly, one of the most sought after sleep doctors in Turkey.
Many national TV channels and newspapers have drawn upon Professor Kaynak’s expertise to convey accurate information on sleep to their viewers and readers.
His profound knowledge of sleep helped numerous people with sleep problems and continues to do so.
In 2005, Dr Hakan Kaynak founded the “UYKUM” Sleep Disorders Centre and since then he has been seeing patients in this private sleep centre based in Istanbul.
In 2021, by establishing a sleep centre in Bodrum Acıbadem Hospital, he started seeing patients and performing sleep tests at home and in the hospital.
Dr Hakan Kaynak’s role at neededforhealth.com is to review sleep-related articles to ensure that they are medically accurate, up-to-date and science-based.
- Istanbul University Cerrahpasa, Faculty of Medicine (1983 – Medical Doctor )
- Istanbul University Cerrahpasa, Faculty of Medicine (1990 – Neurology specialist )
- The University of Montpellier (1990 – Obtained International Sleep Medicine Diploma )
- Istanbul University Cerrahpasa, Faculty of Medicine (1991 – Associate professor of Neurology)
- Istanbul University Cerrahpasa, Faculty of Medicine (1997 – Professor of Neurology)
- Motor unit potential analysis of the palatal muscles in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (Link)
- Abnormal Respiratory Event Detection in Sleep: A Prescreening System with Smart Wearables (Link)
- A Polysomnographic and Clinical Study of Sleep Disorders in Patients with Behcet and Neuro-Behcet Syndrome (Link)
- Morning Headache in Sleep Apnoea: Clinical and Polysomnographic Evaluation and Response to Nasal Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (Link)
- Genital restlessness (vulvodynia) events accompanying restless legs syndrome (Link)
- The effects of n-CPAP/BPAP treatment on prognosis and lesion size in acute ischemic stroke patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (Link)
- Nocturnal hypoxia and hypertension in sleep-disordered breathing (Link)
- Fatigue and sleep disturbance in multiple sclerosis (Link)
- Depressive and anxious symptoms in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (Link)
Click Here to see all publications of Hakan Kaynak
To learn more about Professor Hakan Kaynak, you can visit his websites: